Model KPH-90C Electric Piston Horn, For Boats > 656 ft., (200 Meters)
The Kahlenberg KPH-90C "Triton" Electric Piston Horn is the lowest frequency electric ship's horn manufactured by Kahlenberg.
The Kahlenberg KPH-90C "Triton" Electric Piston Horn is the lowest frequency electric horn manufactured by Kahlenberg. Utilizing a 7.5 horsepower electric motor to drive a piston which oscillates air in a column, it includes an entirely oil-less crankcase and gear case, steel gears, anti-condensation heating and self-draining cylinder assembly. These piston horns are highly reliable ship's whistles requiring little maintenance. Installation costs are minimal since no air or steam piping is required. Use with KM-135-DVM-H for dual whistle systems on vessels over 200 Meters.
- Piston horn is electrically powered and IMO certified for vessels over 200 meters in length
- Horn construction: High strength aluminum bell, supporting frame, aluminum crankcase, stainless steel cylinder and fasteners
- Self draining design to prevent condensation and corrosion
- Oil free, heated crankcase and piston cylinder assembly
- Motor is totally enclosed, marine type, IP56, insulation class F and equipped with anti-condensation strip heater
- Motor starter (contactor) comes with solid state relay with thermal overload protection
|Vessel Length||Greater than 200 Meters (656 ft.)|
Control and Heater: 120/230V [50-60 Hz]